Hayden and I took a little field trip down to see Dr. Vicki again today.
On the good news side of things, she is up to 12lbs, 15oz - 11oz in only 6 days! Also, the nurse saw her sitting up (on her own) in my lap, and was impressed that she was doing so well at nearly 6 months old. I informed her that this willful little baby was just barely 4 months old, and determined to do things on her own!
On the not-so-hot-but-could-be-way-worse side of things, Dr. V is pretty sure that Hayden does indeed still have reflux (AND another cold), which is likely what is causing the constant coughing, gagging, and struggle to breathe which has kept our little family up for most of the last four nights. So, back on the reflux meds we go, and this time, for good measure, and to help relieve her inflamed airways, she'll be going on breathing treatments for the next few weeks. We've had to rent a nebulizer and little mask, which Dr. V assured me she will love (note the sarcasm?) to give her the medication that will help (hopefully!) her breathe better.
All in all, not a bad visit. I feel much better to have some idea of the issue and a plan for getting us all feeling much better. Here's hoping that these measures give Hayden some relief so she can sleep tonight, which might just give Mama and Daddy a chance at the same. I'm calling Mr. Sandman now!!
4 comments:
Is it the cute little neb mask with the dinosaur on it (or lizard, whatever it is)? I've been thinking about you guys - hope she gets to feeling better soon!
Oh yeah, and by the way - I'm never doing landscaping again!!! :)
Hey gal! No, it's a non-cute, very plain little neb mask, but after the first treatment, Hayden seems pretty okay with it.
So, landscaping's out, how about house remodeling???
Hmm... let me think about that - remodeling, I mean. Maybe when you want a gut remodel in 10 years we'd be up for it - and with any luck we'd be closer to Jasper, too!
No, no...we're thinking add-on to the upstairs later this year. You're coming home for Thanksgiving, right? :)
Post a Comment