Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Under the weather...UPDATE

After two days of watching my dear husband follow in my unfortunate footsteps, I feel that it is safe to say I did NOT have food poisoning, but in fact a nasty little stomach flu that is making the rounds.

When he got home a couple nights ago, I was in the bedroom, having just put Hayden to bed, and getting ready to go there myself. As he walked into the room, he looked down and made a funny face. I thought, he noticed that I vacuumed! Oh, wow! (of course, the sad fact that I think he might have noticed should tell you two things. One, it had been entirely too long since I vacuumed, And Two, I still haven't learned that men will will still manage to miss some things - including new haircuts, how food magically appears at mealtimes or how housework gets done - even if you were to dance nude atop a neon sign proclaiming the information 4-foot high letters. Not that I've tried that.) In fact, he had not noticed that I'd vacuumed, but had picked up on the fact that I'd refilled the vaporizer for Hayden with the nice menthol-y, camphor-y inhalant that was at that point turning his stomach - and his face - green. As he bolted from the room, I realized the smoked turkey that had wreaked havoc on my system last weekend was not so much the ringleader of my plight as a hapless participant.

Needless to say, it's been a long, ginger ale filled week at our house, and unfortunately I've heard that misery does indeed love company... mom and dad have also been given the 'gift'.

C'est la vie...

No comments: