Today was moving day at the Padgett household. My folks and our nephew Kyle pitched in and helped us haul all our MANY, MANY belongings from the Woodstock rental to the new residence! Chris's parents took babysitting duty and kept Hayden amused while we lugged stuff, and they made an amazing barbeque lunch for us all (complete with a banana pudding!). We earned it, though. With one major Uhaul load from the house, and two from storage, plus the 100+ year old butcher block from Chris's parents' house, we were WIPED when we finally got finished! Then, Chris and I had to go fetch the doggies from the rental, for our first night together in the new house.
Thanks to everyone who helped us move - we could not have done it without you.
Now, seeing all the stuff we toted into the house, it looks more like a garage sale in here than a new home. I may just have to have a yard sale to get rid of some of this junk! Where did it all come from?!? I swear, I think all our stuff just multiplied like rabbits while we weren't looking! After 8 months in the rental with just a fraction of our belongings there with us, I have to say, we can definitely make do with less.
Oh, and one other thing we've decided we can do without a bit longer - TV. We've not had cable since we moved to the rental house, and we've decided we don't miss it. We have a TV in our room for the occasional movie or DVD of Friends (my one TV addiction), but we don't want one in our living room. In part because we don't want to waste the money on cable, in part because we don't know where to put it, and in part because when people come to visit, we want to spend time with THEM, not sitting shoulder to shoulder letting the cable wash over us in hypnotic waves.
One thing we can't do without any longer: the Internet! Our new addiction! That's one I'll be happy to have back!
For now, good night and sleep well (I know we will!).
1 comment:
Yea! Another family with no TV. Besides us, y'all are the second set of friends we have that have made that decision. Y'all moved up yet another notch on my scale (if that is possible).
I am so glad y'all got moved in and are getting settled. I can't wait to come see it. I would love to come help in any way that I can. Maybe the men can stay with the kids.
Post a Comment