For now, I am excited to present my new kitchen.
We finally have the finishing details completed, which includes the big light, the light that cost Hayden her college tuition, the light that ET boarded at the end of the movie, the light I thought we were crazy for getting, but am SOOO happy with now that it's up. THE light.
We finally have the finishing details completed, which includes the big light, the light that cost Hayden her college tuition, the light that ET boarded at the end of the movie, the light I thought we were crazy for getting, but am SOOO happy with now that it's up. THE light.
The only thorn still in my side for this room is the stove. This, you may remember, is the second stove we bought for this room (by the way, I have a gorgeous new Dacor perfect for someone who has natural gas - willing to sell VERY reasonable!), and when we got it installed, it started tripping the circuit breaker. Grrr. The joys of a "floor model - sold as is." Eh, life's a crap shoot... A service call later, I don't know any more than I did, but the very nice repairman promises to be back at my house next week with a part that should, should, fix my stove. So, barring any more issues, which knowing us, we're bound to have, we should be grilling steaks on my gorgeous new grill as I bake a lovely souffle by next weekend. And those of you that know me well know that is about as likely to happen as Chris getting over the antique car obsession. But we'll probably slap some wienies on there and call it a night. Hey, live big!
This is, all jokes aside, in many ways my dream kitchen. I have a walk-in pantry, a huge island - love my island! - an amazing convection oven and great stove, a beautiful centerpiece of a light (did I mention it is BIG?),
a great refrigerator, tons of storage space, and even a pot filler! Oh, and one of my favorite features, a mixer shelf! Right there in my island - I can just whip my mixer out anytime the baking bug hits and voila!, we can have cake! or pie! or cream cheese icing (just for you, Chris)! All without me having to lug my big heavy mixer out of a cabinet somewhere. It will just appear as if from nowhere! That's the dream!!
a great refrigerator, tons of storage space, and even a pot filler! Oh, and one of my favorite features, a mixer shelf! Right there in my island - I can just whip my mixer out anytime the baking bug hits and voila!, we can have cake! or pie! or cream cheese icing (just for you, Chris)! All without me having to lug my big heavy mixer out of a cabinet somewhere. It will just appear as if from nowhere! That's the dream!!Come on over. We'll do dinner Martha-style. I'll crack open a box of mac and cheese, grill a few dogs, and we'll use my handy-dandy mixer to whip some ketchup for a gourmet flair! (Hey, just because I have the kitchen doesn't make me any better at using it. One thing at a time, people.)
No comments:
Post a Comment