Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Road Trip, Part 2

The conclusion of our Amelia Island trip, finally!

When we got to the show, it was a beautiful day; not too hot, not too cold, just right! We really lucked out again this year with the weather, which was such a blessing with Hayden in tow!

As always, there were some fabulous cars there, which Chris could tell you about in much more detail than I, although I'm sure he told me much more than I'll be able to relay accurately here. Shame on me. Of course, as you can see, I was a little more distracted this year...

We (I) toted Hayden around in her Sleepy Wrap, which is my favorite way to carry her. It's one of hers, too...

We (Chris) also took tons of photos of the gorgeous cars.


This is a Winton, and is one Chris was really taken with. It's a lovely restoration, and it has a lot of the curvy body elements that our Thomas Flyer has. It also has white tires, which Chris loves, and has many of the great brass era features - large front headlights, no windshield (well, really a roll-down cloth windshield), right hand drive, stirrup door handles, and long, thin fender lines...
This one, I can tell you, is a Mercer Raceabout. I scoped it out from the hill Hayden and I were lounging on as Chris indulged in his brass obsession a bit longer... Oh, and it's red. With black beads. The windshield is called a 'monicle' (not even sure I've spelled that right). The gas tank is that barrel behind the seats.
See? I know some car stuff. What year is that, you ask? How many were made? oooooohhhh, lookie here at this cute baby!!
Isn't she really a fancy model? Now her, I can really tell you about. Only one made, she's a 2008 vintage, but just barely. She wasn't manufactured until December of that year. Blue eyes, dark brown hair, chubby little arms and legs, perfect for nibbling...
I'll have to leave the car blogging to Chris, I suppose. But first, one final picture of his three loves together. Brass, Bonnie and Baby Hayden. Not in that order, but just barely...

No comments: