No, I don't have one... I are one. And actually pretty happy about it (most days!). When I found out I was pregnant last year, I knew right away I wanted to cloth diaper our baby. What I didn't know was that there were SOOOO many choices for cloth diapers these days. Man, have they come a long way from diaper pins and rubber pants! But the sheer volume of choices and options and how to wash and whether to service or not and... just had me so overwhelmed, I wasn't sure I'd be able to follow through with cloth diapering.Then, I found BumGenius. The name really says it all. These things are heaven in the form of pastel-coated diaper fluff. These things are the Jordan Almonds of poopy catchers. The ones I bought were, specifically, BumGenius 3.0 One-Size diapers.
In addition to all the yummy colors, that means that these diapers will grow with your baby, and fit from around 8lbs -35lbs. They're genius, I tell you! BumGenius, in fact! They're all one piece, except for the absorbant pad (soaker, they're called), and after one is dirtied, you just roll it up and throw it in your wet bag and get a clean one. They're a breeze to wash, once I figured out the system - cold rinse, hot wash, cold rinse, and then I line dry them, which helps preserve the outer lining (a plastic-coated fabric) and saves energy (woo hoo! Can you see me turning Tree-Hugger? Can you?)
I got one of these cheap little drying racks at the store, and it always has a supply of diapers hanging on it, ready for me to stuff and use. I love the fact that every time I use one of these, there's one less plastic diaper going into a landfill somewhere that my daughter's generation will have to deal with, and I love the fact that they are softer and more gentle on her skin. Hang on, baby seals - here I come!I'm not hating on plastic diapers though. They got us through a tough first few weeks, while I got used to being a mom and while we got adjusted at home. They're also good in a pinch, if I just didn't quite make it to the laundry one night.
And, oh my goodness, they have to be just the cutest things ever on her little beehiney! I swear, it makes me just want to gobble her up (I think its a rule that moms become cannibals when there are baby toes present). Just look at that fluffy little cotton candy butt!
1 comment:
If you get any closer to tree hugger you have to move to Denver!!! Seriously though - especially after seeing them used this weekend, I am VERY interested in them when it comes my time to think about diapers.
Post a Comment