Monday, March 9, 2009

Progress!!!!

At lunch today, I took a little drive over to the new digs to see how things were going, and lo and behold! there were cabinets being installed in my new kitchen!!! After a little happy dance with the cabinetmaker out in the driveway, I went inside to see these little beauties settling in to their new homes...


This is a shot of the left side of my kitchen. These creamy, ivory cabinets run along both walls, with a gorgeous stained feature in the center of the room, which will surround my stove and oven in a fireplace facade.


The right side of my kitchen, where my sink and dishwasher will live.

My kitchen island. This is a pretty daring color scheme for me - ivory, cherry and GREEN, but it really looks soooo lovely, and I can't wait for my beautiful granite countertops (in Giallo Ornamental, a cream/gold color with brown striations) to be installed on them! The island is sitting in the dining room in this picture, but it will eventually sit below my gigantic tiffany lamp.
I can just taste the C.O. (certificate of occupancy), we're so close now!

No comments: