I am excited by the possibilities of a fresh, new month ahead. The possibility of completing our house project (finally), of getting to move in, of Hayden maybe learning to laugh this month. The possibility that our dogs might survive this transition in our lives. That I might get my taxes done ahead of time, and might even get a return. So many hopes, and a whole glorious month to make them realities!

It amazes me what a difference a month makes these days. With Hayden in our lives, it seems sometimes we measure milestones in minutes. It is truly like watching Spring in slow motion when I watch Hayden budding with new skills, energy, awareness and learning. I love watching her unfold into this tiny, beautiful little soul. Sunday, when it was snowing and raining out, and the wind was howling, she and I spent much of our day cuddled up in bed together, just enjoying one another's company. For those that knew me BH (before Hayden), you'd know that sitting still and not doing much is not my cup of tea. I have always been go, go, go. Today, PH (post Hayden), I think I could spend a year just sitting and staring at her, delighting in each new development.
I mean, how could you not enjoy watching this little creature? I absolutely love her flirtatious little smile, where she shows that gummy grin and tucks her chin onto her shoulder, spraying drooly little bubbles? It makes my heart ooze like warm maple syrup! I swear, if she were candy, I'd weigh 1000 lbs. I just can't get enough of her. It is an absolute addiction! This morning, on our way to daycare and work, she was in a great humor, and just cooing and "aaahh"ing, and "eehhhaaa"ing, and "oooOOhh"ing to herself in the rearview mirror, and I could catch glimpses of sweet, pudgy little hands swinging in the air at some imaginary orchestra. I could have driven around all morning, just listening to that beautiful symphony of baby sounds. Or, I could have driven around until she suddenly decided that she had had enough. of. this. car. and. let. me. out. NOW. Thankfully, we didn't hit that point this morning, and I brought her still slightly sleepy self into daycare and left her happily in the arms of Ms. Amy.
Now, I'm just counting the hours (time does become hours and days again when she's not with me) until I can scoop up that little wriggly, smooshy baby girl into my arms again.
No comments:
Post a Comment