Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Kitchen Update

We went by the house yesterday evening, and were so thrilled to see all the progress that was made yesterday. The kitchen cabinets are mostly installed now, the slate hearth and fireplace surround were going in, as were the living room stair railings, and the front steps were getting ready to go in. WOW! This was a mega-Monday, for sure!

I can barely contain my excitement now that we're so close, and am loving each new detail that is completed!



Here's a left hand view of the kitchen, with the refrigerator surround and island in place. You'll have to ignore the light - that's where our Tiffany lamp will go, but the shade is put up for safe keeping. I think I'd have a coronary if someone put a ladder through that glass... Ouch. It hurts to even think about it!


Right hand view of the kitchen with the wall cabinets in place.
This is a close up of the cherry cabinets, which will be the feature around our stove. They go perfectly with our floors, and the wood is so beautiful! I could marry these cabinets, I'm so in love!



Here's a non kitchen-related shot of our stairway in the great room. They're working on the wrought iron railing, and it's another piece we've been itching to see fall into place.
*sigh* Okay, break's over... back on my head.

No comments: