Monday should be countertops and fireplace surround (YAY!) and Tuesday, the rest of the kitchen cabinetry (double YAY!). I just can't wait to see it all finished! Sooooo close!
In the meantime, it's fun to see how much closer we are. Here are the latest pictures.

Our front steps, in progress. They're a native flagstone, and add a great touch to the front porch.

Our fireplace surround - black slate. The rest of the trimwork should go up next week.

The great room, with Hayden's favorite feature - the fan!

The entryway and stairs, view from the great room.

The dining room, view from the great room (and you can see a little of the kitchen peeking at you on the left).

Chris's favorite room - the Victorian powder room (also known as our guest bath/Hayden's bathroom). The toilet has a mahogany seat that has yet to be installed, as someone doesn't want anyone else 'doing the honors' in that room first! We'll not name names... You can see the marble floors a little in here. That's my favorite part of the room, although I will probably fill most of it up with rugs, to make sure Hayden and I don't slip and fall coming through here.

Our bedroom. Doesn't it just make you want to curl up in a great knit sweatshirt with a steaming mug of soup and look out the window at the rain? I can't even describe how happy this room makes me everytime I go in it. "Soothing" is the word that comes to mind, and I just instantly want to nap when I'm in here! LOVE it!

The master bathroom - our shower. I love this for so many reasons. I got the rain head I wanted, and the removable showerhead for cleaning. The seat is wonderful, and it's so spacious!
This is the tub side of the wall, here. See how the shower seat becomes the tub surround? Nifty little detail our architect thought up, there... The best part about this bathroom though, is that was all made with our amazing bargain tile - $.27 a square foot, baby! I bought this stuff almost 2 years ago when I saw it on sale outside our Home Depot, and didn't even give Chris a chance to look at it. I just called him and told him I had our tile. For that price, he wasn't getting a choice! What he never told me was that he HATED that tile. Couldn't envision how or where we'd use it that it wouldn't be hideous. Enter the world's slowest (but probably best) tile guy, a few fancy trim pieces I picked out, and a napkin sketch of what I wanted, and VOILA! Suddenly it looks like Southern Living in our bathroom, at a bargain basement investment!
This is the tub side of the wall, here. See how the shower seat becomes the tub surround? Nifty little detail our architect thought up, there... The best part about this bathroom though, is that was all made with our amazing bargain tile - $.27 a square foot, baby! I bought this stuff almost 2 years ago when I saw it on sale outside our Home Depot, and didn't even give Chris a chance to look at it. I just called him and told him I had our tile. For that price, he wasn't getting a choice! What he never told me was that he HATED that tile. Couldn't envision how or where we'd use it that it wouldn't be hideous. Enter the world's slowest (but probably best) tile guy, a few fancy trim pieces I picked out, and a napkin sketch of what I wanted, and VOILA! Suddenly it looks like Southern Living in our bathroom, at a bargain basement investment!
And, this, next to my bedroom and kitchen (oh! and my closet), is probably one of my favorite rooms of the house... my screened porch. At my mom and dad's house, we're always out on the back porch. It's almost never too cold or hot to enjoy it, and I just love being out near nature, without nature being too near to me (if you've ever spent a summer in Georgia, you know what I'm talking about, and our cute little pond out front will be mosquito heaven in a few months!). This one is huge, with central access to the rest of the house, and I can just see Hayden playing out here in no time...
So, here's hoping I have some pictures of the final product in the next few weeks to show you! Keep your fingers crossed!
No comments:
Post a Comment