Monday, November 30, 2009

Not Me! Monday

This weekend we celebrated Chris's birthday, and it was certainly not the first time I've thrown him a party since we've been married. We invited all his friends, and we all had an absolute blast!

I would love to share some pictures of the festivities, but I absolutely was not the one who made a big to-do about getting the cameras ready and then totally forgot to snap the first picture! Nope, not me!

We had some delightful goodies, snacks and other bite sized creations, and I had all my own unique and wonderful recipes. I most certainly did not snag two of my mom's annual crowd-pleasing concoctions, and wouldn't even think about ripping off my sis's new winner - fried ravioli and marinara sauce! Yum! That wasn't me, either!

Hayden of course entertained everyone with her laughing, crawling, clapping, "i love you this much"-ing antics. I held her and watched after her the whole time. I certainly did not pawn her off on her MeMa and Poppie the second they arrived. I really am am such a good mother - I had her to bed very early, too. I of course didn't let her stay up until the party wrapped at 12:30... Not ME!

Yesterday, you know we jumped right up at the crack of dawn and began cleaning up. I most certainly did not stay in bed napping with Hayden until after noon - Not me! I didn't leave a pot full of overbaked cheese dip sitting on the counter, even today as I headed off to work, to clean up "at a later point." I put the house immediately back to order, and wouldn't dream of leaving it set up in party mode for the get-together I'm having this weekend. I am such a good little housewife!

Last night, as Chris and I ate dinner (at the dining room table, like civilized adults, and not curled up in the den), I certainly didn't let Hayden snack on cracker crumbs left over from the party, because of course those were all cleaned up already, and I wouldn't want her eating off the floor - even if it meant a few short minutes of quiet between the crabby wailing of a teething baby. Nope, it wasn't me!

Happy Not Me! Monday, everyone! Enjoy your imperfections and shortcomings like the rest of us, and link your stories here!

1 comment:

Confessions From A Work-At-Home Mom said...

Great "Not Me"'s!

Your idea to throw a party for your hubby made me think maybe I should do the same for my man next year!

~Elizabeth
http://confessionsfromaworkingmom.blogspot.com