Monday, November 16, 2009

Thankful

I just went and had my first "mommy-daughter" lunch at Hayden's school. They hosted a thanksgiving feast for the parents at her daycare, and my friend Barbara and I went to eat with our babies. It was such a wonderful delight and a great way to break up the stress of a back-to-work Monday.

We had turkey and gravy, rolls and green beans, potatoes and cranberry sauce (well, we didn't have cranberry sauce, but we saw others who did. They seemed to like it! Good for them!). And of course the desserts - there was a whole table of different cakes and pies that looked too yummy for words!

The best part was getting to squeeze my baby girl for an extra few minutes, feed her bits of a blueberry bar that her Mema got her hooked on while we were in Vegas (I tried to encourage her to eat some dinner with me, but she was having none of it - even the cake!). I got to hang out with Barbara and Ian, and we even got to see Hayden show off her new moves as she took a few steps to one of her teachers!
I am thankful that we have a place that cares so much about our baby girl. I am thankful for the owners, who truly put their hearts into this business. Thankful there are teachers who feel called to care for children and who do such an amazing job looking after and loving our little ones. Thankful that I have my little one to love and hold this year. Thankful for a wonderful family, the roof over our heads, and so many other blessings in my life. This afternoon, my belly is full of turkey and my heart is full of gratitude.

No comments: