Wednesday, November 25, 2009

For those of you who need a laugh as much as I do

Please head on over here to see some fabulously flopped attempts at some Thanksgiving cakes. This blog, Cake Wrecks, is one of my all time favorites, and a frequent break from reality where I go to see the work of professional bakers who also seem to have taken a break from reality - while working on these cakes.

As a cake decorator, I can appreciate the challenge that some people's requests present, but these decorators aren't even giving themselves a fighting chance. Most of the cakes on this blog look like they were done sometime around the drug-fueled Woodstock era, or alternately by the folks who didn't win on "Are You Smarter than a Fifth Grader?"

Either way, it offers some wonderful entertainment for me and her many other readers, and I hope that it will bring a smile to your face today.

Happy wrecked Turkey Day!

No comments: