Everyday, Hayden's teachers fill out a very detailed worksheet with all the goings-on of my daughter's day. Thanks to their tracking system, I know when she peed, when she pooped (I guess some parents like to stay up-to-the-minute), when she ate, how long she napped, any medicines she took, and at the bottom, there is a place for them to make notes to the parents. Most days, that area is blank, but we get the occasional "needs diapers, please" or "more wipes!!!" When we went to Vegas for a week, that space was filled with well- (and slightly jealous) wishes from all her teachers - "Hayden, we'll miss you!", "We love you, Hayden!", "Take me with you!", "See you next week!"
It's things like this that make me love Hayden's school and her teachers. They are the best, and you can tell they truly care about her.
Which is why I fell out laughing when I read the comment section from yesterday (This morning, getting her bag ready for today. I'm on top of things like that, you know.). At the bottom of the page, in nearly all caps, was this emphatic statement:
"Tried chicken. DID NOT LIKE. Spit out and SCREAMED AT
ME!!!! Wouldn't eat ANY MORE. 1pm"
Chris, had he been reading, would have accused, "I told you so," because I tried giving her chicken nearly 5 months ago, and she distained the stuff then. Then about 4 months ago, I tried to give her sweet potatoes (her favorite) mixed with chicken, with a similar reaction. Of course, I'd bought several jars of chicken, was down to very few veggies in the house, and I hate to see anything go to waste. So, I thought I'd go for a last ditch effort. I see now, that didn't work out so well. Our daughter, like both Chris and myself, has an aversion to "liquid chicken" as he calls it.
Her teacher told me this morning that you wouldn't believe the scream Hayden let out when that chicken hit her tongue, and she refused to even draw her tongue back into her mouth until the last of that pink nastiness had slid off into her lap. She wailed accusingly at her teacher for even trying to sneak that crap in on her, and I'm not sure she's forgiven her yet.
Have I mentioned how thankful I am for Hayden's teachers? If nothing else, they make great guinea pigs for trying things I'd rather not have Hayden hate me for later.
No comments:
Post a Comment