Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Night Terrors

The other night, Chris was out of town, and it was just Haydie Pie and I at home. After she konked out for the evening, I let her stay in bed with me (with the appropriate amount of pillows and blankets to keep her from rolling off the other side of the bed), because let's face it - I needed the company as much as she did. She's a fun little companion in bed, except for the occasional kick to my head (how did she get her feet up there? Seriously, she was just curled up in a ball on top of her bunny bear!), or finger in my eye.

Somewhere in the midst of the windstorm outside, the blinking electricity, Hayden awaking and other random stuff that got me up throughout the night, I was able to get deep enough asleep that I was actually dreaming. Ah, dreams! Ahhhh, sleep!!!! Anyway, it was a very wierd dream, as mine ususally are, and got to this one point that Chris, my sister Grace and I were being chased by a lady with a gun.

Oh - I should back up a little now. You see, I talk in my sleep. Talk, scream, babble, and on the very rare occasion move. I've never actually walked -that was Grace's gig - but I did one time fall off a building in a dream and awoke when I landed face first on my bed - hard. Most of the time, I am just an amusement for Chris, as I drift off to sleep and begin quoting absurd variations of what is going on in my head. He loves to egg me on, until he's done and ready to go to sleep and I won't shut up, but that's another post, really.

So, back to my dream. This lady has a gun in her pocket, and at some point we knocked her down on the ground, and she's trying to pull the gun from her pocket, and I realize this is a key moment we can overtake and disarm her. So I yell to Chris and Grace, "GET HER!" and I pounce on her, grabbing her arms to keep her from getting the gun.

This is when I awoke to Hayden wailing her discontent at me. And I realized I was on top of her, clutching her to me.

Ooops! She wasn't at all hurt, but needless to say, she wasn't really happy with me, and had no objections when I put her back in her crib for the rest of the night.

No comments: