These cookies are unreal good. I mean unreal CRAZY good! It's really my boss and friend Jeff's fault that I am in love with these. He bought me a couple boxes of what he called "Crazy-good Costco Cookies" for my birthday, and they were. They were crazy-good. Especially the white chocolate macadamia and cashew cookies. He had me so addicted to these things I nearly did backflips when he brought some in Rhonda's birthday the other week.
Once those ran out, I had no choice but to go out in search of my own recipe for the delicious treats. I scoured the web, and found many different varieties of White Chocolate Macadamia Nut cookies, but none that suited me just exactly. So I took what sounded good from all of those, added it together and tossed in some cashews, and I believe it is safe to say that I now hold the recipe for the very best cookies I have ever had in my life (and believe me, this mama likes her cookies)! In fact, the batter is so freaking amazing, it's all I can do to stay out of it long enough to bake the things. I swear, I must've eaten 3 cookie's worth in batter this weekend when I made them (say eww all you want, but I double dog dare you to make them and leave the batter alone)!
So, since I am not a stingy person, and am also not a person with a lot of time to bake extra cookies to send around to all my friends, I would like to share at least my Golden Recipe with you. Consider it an early Christmas present. Or just a Christmas present. Or the only thing you should expect from me this year. It's the thought that counts, right? Seriously, bake these things and you'll be buying me presents (I wear an 8 1/2 shoe, love the color red, handbags, and anything sparkly)!!

Bonnie's Soon To Be World Famous Crazy-Good White Chocolate Chip Macadamia and Cashew Cookies
Makes approx. 3 dozen cookies (if you use teaspoons. If you like to go CRAZY like me and use tablespoons, you can get about 30 cookies. I say, live on the edge. Use the big spoon!)
Ingredients:
2 sticks butter, softened
1 cup sugar
3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed (make sure you use LIGHT!)
2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
1/2 tsp. salt
2 large eggs
2 1/2 cups AP flour
1 tsp. baking soda
2 1/2 4 oz. bars Ghiradelli White Chocolate baking chocolate, broken into large pieces
3/4 cup macadamia nuts, chopped into large chunks
1/2 cup cashews (unsalted or lightly salted), chopped or broken into large pieces
Directions:
Preheat oven to 375F.
In a large bowl, beat butter, the sugars, vanilla and salt on high until creamy. Add eggs, beat just until blended. In a medium bowl, sift together flour and baking soda. Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture, beating on medium until well blended. Using a large spoon, carefully mix in chocolate and nuts until well incorporated. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls (or tablespoonfuls) onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake 8-10 minutes max, or until center is set (edges should be golden brown). Don't over bake cookies, to keep them soft and chewy. Cool slightly, remove from cookie sheet and place on wire rack to cool completely.
Store in airtight container for 4-5 days at room temperature. Although I'll bet they won't last nearly that long!
Try 'em! I hope you like them. And if you don't, you know where I live - just send 'em my way and I'll take care of disposing of them for you!
No comments:
Post a Comment