Actually, my feelings aren't hurt at all. I have thought from the very beginning that Hayden looked like Chris. In fact, after our 4-D ultrasound waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back when, I told Chris that she looked like him.
All orange and blobby. With funky eyes.
He didn't agree with me then, but now I think he's on board (in fact, I have it on good authority he logged one of the 'Chris' votes himself).
I think it all depends on how you're looking at her, though. That beautiful, adorable, wonderful face is pretty much Chris all over (the jury's still out on her nose -or at least I'm still out. She's going to have to grow into it a bit, I think). Those massive hands of hers, with the scary-long fingers? Me. Those odd toes, that look like they were stuck on in the wrong order? Me! (notice our 2nd toes are too short. Medically, it's called something like a "fused digit". My husband just calls it weird.)
That thick, wavy, totally unruly hair? HELLO!! All ME!
Whoever you think she favors more, I think Chris and I both agree she is her own unique little person, and we can't wait to see how she grows and develops and proves us both wrong over and over and over again every time we think we've got her figured out!
1 comment:
Haha! The comparison of the toes reminds me of looking at my niece's ultrasound video with the family years ago. At one point, her foot came into view, and there was her "index" toe (the first one next to the big toe) - it was the exact same shape, bend, and profile as her dad's! Amazing how those things carry over.
Post a Comment