Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Swim Team

Saturday, Hayden and I decided to beat the heat by having a little girls' time out at the pool. It was a great way to deal with the nearly record temps this weekend, and we got some Mommy-Daughter time to boot.

This was Hayden's second excursion to the pool. A few weeks ago, Chris and I took her for her inaugural visit, which was a wee bit too cool for her taste.Once those toes hit the water, her bitty arms were locked around my neck and it wasn't long before she started some waterworks of her own. It just wasn't meant to be...

This time, the water was perfect, the day was beautiful, and I was in no rush, so we just eased on in, sitting on the stairs for a bit, Haydie in my lap, and inching our way down the stairs until she noticed her float and toys and decided playing with them was way more fun than worrying about this great ocean I was trying to toss her in.


I put her in the float, and it was off we went! We puttered and spun and twirled all over the pool! Hayden even got adventurous and splashed a bit (which got her wet, much to her surprise!). She really enjoyed chilling in her float and playing with her toys, and I enjoyed cooling off and watching her have fun.
This is going to be a great summer pasttime, I know! We'll see you in the shallow end!

No comments: