Tuesday, June 30, 2009

10 great things about being a new mom

  1. That wonderful, new-baby smell.
  2. Getting to play dress up with your live doll!
  3. Seeing the world through her eyes. I hope I remember to keep that perspective this time around - innocent, unafraid, excited.
  4. Having someone love you unconditionally, and better yet, loving them back.
  5. Watching her eat new foods for the first time. Every experience is brand new.
  6. You have a great excuse to wear pjs and ponytails as often as you want.
  7. It's perfectly acceptable that your house is less than spotless.
  8. Pictures, oh the pictures! Scrapping fodder for years to come!
  9. Sleeping in on Saturdays with the whole family in bed, cuddled together.
  10. Catching up on all your Dr. Seuss reading.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey, Bonnie :)

This is John Burns...from a time past. Joan and I are very proud of you and all you have accomplished.

I just wanted you to know that we still love you!

"Uncle John"

Bonnie said...

Hey Uncle John!!! :) So good to hear from you! Thanks so much!

I miss you and Aunt Joan and Joan Marie! I can't believe she and I are both mommies now!!!! It seems like yesterday we were having slumber parties and playing in her play house.

Love you all!