With a new baby, free time is a precious commodity, so more often than not these days, I just get to daydream about what I'd do with some free time. There really could be two lists here - the things I love to do in my free time, and the things I should be doing in my free time. I don't even want to think about the second list, so I'll focus on the first!
1. Play tennis, especially with my mom. We have a good time with that, and she keeps challenging me. I swear, the woman can beat me with a diet Dr. Pepper in one hand, and her racket and a cigarette in the other, wearing flip flops! Talk about a challenge (for me)!
2. Read. In a hammock. Under a great big tree. With a box of chocolates and a cool drink. With lots of pillows around (in case I fall asleep and roll off the hammock. I am seriously sleep deprived these days, you know, and reading usually puts me to sleep).
3. Scrapbook. I can't wait to have some time to chronicle this new stage of our lives, and cut and paste and arrange and ink and scribble. I love that.
4. Bake. Not for work, not for someone else, but just for me. I love to try new recipes and concoctions, and I love creating something with my own two hands.
5. Play in the garden. Now granted, it needs to be a not-too-hot day, with some shade and a big cool drink nearby, but I love playing in the dirt and planting stuff.
6. Hang out with my family. I don't get to see them all nearly enough these days, and just getting to hang out with them, doing something or doing nothing is pretty darn fun.
7. Take Hayden on a walk. She just loves the outdoors, and I love seeing it all through her eyes. I can't wait to get a stroller so we can go cruising around more (and my poor arms don't get so tired!).
8. Go swimming. As much as I loathe the thoughts of parading this poor body around in a swimsuit these days, I really love the pool. I love floating or swimming, and just hanging out. I really enjoy bringing Hayden, too. I hope she loves the water as much as I do one day.
9. Throw a party. I love my friends, and just love having them to my home. I love big parties, small intimate parties, impromptu gatherings and big themed events. I just love having people into our home. I hope we can make more time for that this year.
10. Play with my doggies. The poor fellas have kinda gotten a raw deal lately, with the move and the baby and what not, but I hope we can start making more time for them soon. They're all sweethearts, and now Hayden's getting big enough to be around them more.
2 comments:
No no no... you forgot something very important! #1 should be come to Denver, right??? ;o) Miss you!
You're right! I missed that one! Going to Denver will be at the top of my list as soon as I get vacation again (which will be 2010, unfortunately!!)
Post a Comment