We celebrated the 4th this year by joining the Jasper city parade in our Hudson. The theme of the parade was "Everyday Heros in America", and our car really fit the bill, I think. It is 100 years old this year and is a great example of the pioneering spirit of early America and a testament to our forefathers' engineering ingenuity.
Hayden had a blast riding in my lap as I tossed candy and waved to the crowds and Chris honked for the kiddies. Our description of the car surprised the announcer when he read that this vintage machine could reach 50 mph! (We even have the speed marked on our speedometer to prove it!)
Throughout the parade, we heard people shouting "Hayden, Hayden!" and saw many friends and co-workers trying valiantly to get our wee one to look their way. Alas, she paid them no mind, sitting quietly in my lap the entire time. Of course, as we rounded the final turn, I discovered why Hayden was so patient along our route. She'd discovered a pack of Sweettarts and was hurridly trying to suck through the paper to get to the tangy candies inside. Thank goodness I figured her activities out before she was successful!
No comments:
Post a Comment