Thursday, February 25, 2010

The Definition of Masochism

In a strictly food-related sense, that is.

I am two weeks and 8.6 lbs (GO, me!) into a (I won't call it a diet. Let's just say "New approach to eating") thing, and I have requested that my good buddy Jason, whom I have convinced "owes me one" to get up at the crack of dawn, go 15 minutes out of his way to stop by the Dutch Monkey to get me half a dozen French Crullers because I have given up on the hope of them ever serving them on a weekend when I could actually stop by  myself.

Maybe I'm a little sadistic, too, since I'm employing Jason in this plot, and the rest of my company who's joined with me in a "Biggest Loser" style competition, but let's face it.  This is my blog.  Over here, at least, it's all about me.

I am determined not to derail my progress with these fantastic feats of pastry goodness (which is why I wanted six. Just for me.  All MINE.), but I may crumble under the cinnamon-y, sugary, fluffy, tender, sweet, decadent, luscious, moist, wonderful, angelic... excuse me, I need to go get a bib to contain the drool.

Okay.  All better.  Now, where was I?  Oh yeah. I might break tomorrow when he comes toting in that box of sinful yumminess, and who will I have to blame?  Myself, only.  And maybe my other co-worker Frank, who introduced us all to this heavenly (and fantastically trendy) hole-in-the-wall bakery.

Actually, I am getting the six to share with my husband, daughter, mother in law, and to eat myself over the next couple days.  I am concentrating very hard to not build this special treat up too high so that all I can see, think, or taste are doughnuts.  I think I'm doing pretty well so far.

2 comments:

Eric K. said...

Have you seen their new chocolate rolls? Think cinnamon roll, but with cocoa instead of cinnamon. I haven't tried them yet, but they certainly look devlish!

And, FYI, I drive right by there just about every morning, so if you need another enabler, just ask.

Bonnie said...

So glad you mentioned that... that's going to make saying away WAY too hard!