I am back on the weight loss band wagon, and feeling good about that. Not that I've actually lost any weight yet, but I'm having positive thoughts in that direction, and that's a good start, right? This week - good thoughts. Next week - begin thinking about what I'm going to do with all my positive energy. The next week - eat a carrot or two. I think this is gonna be a good thing.
I have gotten reconnected with my creative side, and am pretty excited about scrapbooking, writing, drawing, you name it. I have just set up my first scrapbooking retreat weekend, where I will host about 15 women for over 48 hours of all-you-can-scrap, more-than-you-can-eat, don't-even-think-about-sleeping FUN! I thought up a name for our group, and drew a logo - we're the "Mad Scrappers", and this is our design here. Cute, huh?

I have been dreaming about how to combine the things I love into one gigantic thing I love (more to come on that later), and dreaming is always fun and exciting.
Hayden has been sleeping (mostly) through the nights, and so I am sleeping (mostly) through the nights, so I feel more like a human and less like a zombie.
I have started a new "to do list" notebook at work, and am keeping up with it (2nd week in a row!) and just love marking through those completed tasks (even if I occasionally add one I just finished, just so I can cross it right off!)
I emptied my email inbox. I went from 1893 emails to 6. WHOOT! 6 whole emails! I reconfigured my folders to a new, more-conducive-to-my-filing-tendencies system, and have been moving those emails there just as fast as I get them. I'm also deleting those I DON'T need.
I cleaned off my desk this week, and finally, finally got rid of the last of my predecessor's junk.
Most of this may seem like no big deal to all you "together" folks out there, but to a new mom who's main accomplishment each day for the last year has been to make it out the door with all her clothes on, her teeth brushed, and the baby (you've got to remember the baby!), these are some pretty big milestones. Hell, I even checked all my voicemails and finally got that blinking light on my phone to stop! This is big stuff!
Hayden has some serious greenage working it's way out of her nose this morning, though, so I expect that soon a doctor's visit will be in order, followed by a sick day, making me sit at the house bored, which will inevitably lead to me deciding that cookies, chocolate and and entire bag of wheat thins sounds like a good lunch, and I'll get behind with my emails and voicemails again, and then we're right back to square one. So, for right this minute, when I feel like I really have my act together, I am celebrating and enjoying sitting on the top. Don't think I won't dig my nails in and cling to this patch of grass like the King of the Hill when life starts to tumble down on me by the dumptruck load, but for me, half the fun is scratching your way back up, so it's okay to get knocked down every once in awhile.
Right now, I'm just lovin' the view. Have a good day, everyone! I hope you're at the top of your hills, too.
1 comment:
Bonnie--I am super proud of you! I know that feeling, not quite there, but I know it. :) love, Jenni
Post a Comment