Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Head, Shoulders ...

If you can finish that sentance, you probably have a young child at home. Or you were once a young child. Or you, as an adult, have a strange obsession with children's songs for no apparent reason.

Myself, I have a year old daughter who delights in her many toys that sing/play/dance to this little ditty. Therefore, for the last, oh I don't know... 2 or 3 WEEKS I have had this song on a continuous loop in my head.

As I'm in the shower, "Head, shoulders, knees and toes, knees and toes! Head, ..."
Getting Hayden dressed for school, "...shoulders, knees and toes, knees and..."
Driving to work, "...toes! Eyes and ears and...."
Sitting in meetings, "....mouth and nose! Head, shoulders, knees..."
Writing this post, "...and toes! (from the top now) Head, shoulders,..."
Going to bed, "...knees and toes! Head, shoulders, knees and toes! Eyes and ears and..."

For the love of all that's holy! I think I am slowly going crazy here! Hey, that's something different...

"I am slowly going crazy, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, SWITCH! 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 crazy going slowly am I! I am slowly going crazy, 1, 2, 3..."

AAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!

Thankfully, I only have a good 6 or 7 more years or so of this to look forward to until we hit the obsessions with the chipmunk-voiced prepubescent boy bands. Oh, joy!

No comments: