Monday, December 28, 2009

Merry Christmas, One and All

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas. We certainly did - lots of family time, food and fun. After hosting 3 holiday meals, me and my house are in some serious need of recovery! It was well worth it, though. Got to see lots of family, play with Hayden, eat some delicious holiday treats - like Toffee Brittle, Sweet Potato Crunch, Honeybaked Ham, and Fried Ravioli (my new favorite!), and sleep in a day or two.

Hayden gave me the best gift of all - she slept 11 hours straight the night before Christmas Eve, which was a record for her, and following our unsuccessful milk-tolerance test last week, the longest she'd slept for awhile!

We gave her a baby baby grand piano, which I have to say I think she loves more than any of her other gifts (paper, boxes and ribbons aside). She continually goes over to it and bangs out a tune, then swings around to ensure we're watching, and coaches us on how to clap for her. What a ham! Not to be upstaged, if her daddy sits down at his piano to play, she toddles right over and begins playing hers as well. I have some videos that I'll get posted soon, that I'm sure will crack you up.

As for her other gifts, don't worry - they're getting lots of use, too. Her Daddy, Poppie, and others are keeping themselves entertained with those. It's hysterical to see grown men rolling on the floor playing with little girl's toys. Nothing like it, I tell ya.

We even managed to squeeze in a few rounds of Yahtzee with the Massey clan on Christmas day. As always, it proved to be a competitive, raucous time, with customized fist pumps for each unique score, and plenty of cheers, cheats and cat-calls across the table. I love playing games with the family, and can't wait until Hayden is old enough to join the fray.

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and are ready for the new year! Best wishes, one and all!

No comments: