PROOF #1 THAT I'VE LOST IT
This week I opened the fridge to find a jar of nuts sitting on the middle shelf.
"Why are those there?" I wondered to myself. '
"Self, you used those when you were making a sandwich last night"
Running quickly to the pantry in search of the chicken salad I'd also used, I was relieved (and a little surprised) when I realized it was not there. "Where is my chicken salad, then? Cabinets? Nope. Dishwasher? Nah..."
"Oh Self? Yoo Hoo, Se-elf! Hey, you ate all that last night. The container's in the trash!"
"Oh, that's right... Shoot, and I could go for some chicken salad right now. Which reminds me, anyone know why I opened the fridge to begin with????"
PROOF #2 THAT I'VE LOST IT
A couple nights ago, I washed Hayden's diapers, which consists of a cold rinse, hot wash, followed by a final cold rinse. After all that, I had Chris hang them on our drying rack while I went to put Hayden to bed. The next morning, I walked into the laundry room to iron my pants and was accosted at the door by the stench of raw sewage. When I got closer to the drying rack, I realized it wasn't a plumbing issue, it was the diapers! Ugh! After running a mental walk-through of my actions the night before and confirming I did indeed wash them, I was stumped about why they smelled so bad. I decided I needed to wash them again, but this time I would just start with the wash and skip the first rinse. As I pulled the box of detergent off the shelf it hit me that this was the first time I'd touched this box recently, which means.... yep, washed the whole stinkin' load with no detergent!
2 comments:
Just know, Bonnie, you are not alone here!
Thanks! I'm glad I'm not the only one!
Post a Comment