This morning, Hayden's first tooth - one of her two front bottom ones - began eeking through her wee little gums, and has a second one close on its heels. She, of course, loved the experience as much as you would expect. For me, it was another bittersweet milestone. It's exciting that she's moved on to a new stage, but heartbreaking to think that for only a few more days will I ever witness that beautiful gummy grin of hers. The only joy in having to let go of these little things I've fallen in love with - her cooing, her smile, the way she used to wad up on my chest - is that each new stage is even more bewitching than the last. I just love watching her grow, at the same time I wish I could just wad her up and keep her teeny forever.
She's done pretty well with her tooth so far, and I think this answers the mystery of why she suddenly quit sleeping through the night earlier this week, and began getting up every 2 hours or so. Of course, she has 19 more teeth to go, so with 3-4 sleepless nights before each tooth, and another 2-3 afterwards, and the whole tooth growing process stretched over the next couple years, by my calculations I'll get to sleep again, oh,....never. Looking forward to that so very much!
I would share a picture, but she'll barely hold still long enough for her daddy to even get a look at the tiny white line marring her gums, so you'll just have to be patient! Of course, if you're brave (and your hands are clean!) you can stick a finger in there and she'll prove its existance to you in a hurry!
No comments:
Post a Comment