Sunday, May 3, 2009

Dorf on "Sitting Up"

Despite her doctor's assurances that we were "months from having to worry about sitting or standing", Hayden has indeed mastered sitting up over the last few weeks, and despite the occasional topple, is doing really well at holding herself upright and even correcting her balance if she gets a little lopsided. What can I say? She's a genius baby... Did you expect less? In the meantime, I am frantically researching baby proofing because I am guessing the kid isn't going to wait on Doc's permission to start crawling or walking, either!

While she loves sitting up, she also loves playing with her feet. Wanna make that gal's day? Take her socks off - she acts like she's just won a shopping spree at Toys-R-Us! These? They're for me??? Really?!? Woo Hoo! *Slurp* and in her mouth they go! So, when she's sitting up and suddenly notices her feet, she dive bombs for them. It took my friend Carrie a few minutes the other day to figure out Hayden wasn't falling over - she was intentionally leaning over trying to get those toes in her mouth, and didn't appreciate Carrie 'helping' her back up!

Her fascination with her feet gave me an opportunity to catch some pretty funny shots while we were lounging in bed early Saturday morning. She looks like some weird funhouse mirror baby, but this is the real deal:

"Hey mom, check it out... TOES!!! Bet I can fit them in my mouth! Wanna see?"

"WHERE ARE MY TOES?!?! I can't see them any more!!! Mom! Put down the camera and HELP ME!!!"

Sorry, Honey, but sometimes things like capturing this moment for posterity are more important than helping you fit your piggies in your little bird mouth. Just a couple more shots and I'll help you sit back up... just a few.... more....

No comments: