Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Snuggle Bunny

Last night, as Hayden was drifting back to sleep from a feeding, she rolled onto her tummy and began rooting around in the bed. She started crawling over to her daddy, and I figured she'd decided it was play time and wanted to rouse him. Instead she sidled up to him and buried her head in his pillow next to him. She stretched her little hand out across his chest and clung to his shirt and then...drifted off to sleep holding her daddy.

I, on the other hand, was left sopping up the soggy mess that was me after witnessing this most tender of moments. (Also, I waited until she was good and asleep, then moved her back to the middle of the bed. I knew Chris wouldn't be able to sleep well like that for long. Hug-n-roll, my friends, Hug-n-roll.)

1 comment:

Robin said...

This is the sort of post that makes me ache for another little munchkin. They are so wonderful and my 2 year old is almost 3 and my 4 year old was only just 3 and it is going WAY to fast.