Hayden is starting to hit that separation anxiety stage, and it's becoming increasingly difficult to drop her off at school without crying and 'lashing' of the teeth (that's a throwback to our car club's Headknocker, Robert Taylor, who is known more for his humor than bible quotations). This morning was her first day in the Stage 2 Infant classroom, where the babies move once they're mobile and pulling up. It's a bigger room, with more area and activties to help them excel at their new skills, and gives them space to interact with the other babies safely. It's also a great way to help burn off some of Hayden's energy during the day, helping her sleep better at night, but that's a whole different subject...
Back to drop-offs. I brought her in to Baby Room B this morning, and set her down in a great pile of toys in the corral. As I went about the business of putting up her diapers and bottles, she began to loose her stuff. She was one unhappy little girl -she knew mama was getting ready to leave, and was letting us all know that was NOT ok. Ms. Mandy picked her up in an attempt to soothe her, but the wails just got louder and more forlorn. I couldn't leave her in that state, so I came over and took her in my arms. Instant smiles and coos. Not only that, but she began waving 'bye bye', a trick she's recently resurrected, to Ms Mandy as if to say, "see ya Sucker, I'm outta here!" I couldn't help but laugh at her early attempt to get her way, even before she's figured out how to say a single word. So clever, my wee one. Clever, but Mama's still one step ahead of you. Nice try.
No comments:
Post a Comment