Monday, August 31, 2009

Can't take me anywhere

It's a day ending in "y", which means there's potential for me to do something embarrassing, thoughtless or just plain goofy. Today is Monday, and since I don't drink caffeine, I got an early start.

It's 8:45am and I just looked in my desk mirror (why do I have a mirror on my desk, you ask? Well, for occasions just like this!) to discover that while I thought I left the house relatively well put together - hair blow-dried and straightened!, clothes matching and pressed! and even makeup applied!!, I realized that, while I had put my lip liner on, I totally forgot the lipstick, so I had been walking around Hayden's daycare and then at work for about an hour with my lips outlined like a clown. All I needed was the big red nose, and my look would have been complete.

It would have been bad enough if I'd just done it today, but I'm fairly certain I did it Friday as well, only then I didn't notice it until I wiped some lipliner onto my napkin at lunch.

C'est la vie!

No comments: